Whether your children are in school or studying online, sweet potato pancakes are a nice alternative breakfast menu. And with the cooler weather approaching, this tasty dish will hit the spot.
Many times I’ve made pancakes and sausage as a dinner menu, but haven’t tried a sweet potato pancake recipe.
Sweet potatoes are relatively high in fiber, an excellent source of beta carotene, vitamin C, and potassium. For more nutrition facts visit: https://healthline.com/nutrition/foods/sweetpotatoes
Below is a sweet potato pancake recipe that I retrieved from: https://shewearsmanyhats.com
Sweet Potato Pancake Recipe
These pancakes are full of cinnamon and ginger and sweet potato goodness.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 cup mashed baked sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- additional butter for pan
- Whisk together flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter. Stir in sweet potato, honey, cinnamon, ginger and mix well.
- Add wet sweet potato mixture to the dry mixture. Combine well, but don’t over mix. Batter should still be slightly lumpy. If time permits, allow batter stand for at least 30 minutes (the perfect time for enjoying a cup of coffee).
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add enough butter to thinly cover pan. Ladle the batter 1/3 cup at a time. Cook pancakes until done and slightly browned on each side. Repeat, cooking pancakes in batches adding butter to pan as needed.
That recipe sounds amazing! I bet my hubby would love it. I think I’ll also try converting it to gluten-free, dairy free for myself. Thanks for posting!
Deb, I haven’t tried the recipe. It sure sounds good. Let me know
how converting it works out. My mom’s regular pancake recipe
calls for buttermilk, and it’s delicious. Thanks for stopping by.