Summer is the season for family reunions and picnics. I’m sharing a delicious Amish Macaroni Salad recipe that I’ve made several times in the last few weeks. It’s easy to prepare and will disappear quickly.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 stalks chopped celery
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 cups creamy dressing (Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise)
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to boil.
- Add elbow macaroni and cook for 8 minutes, drain and set aside to cool — do not rinse.
- In a large bowl, combine macaroni, eggs, onion, celery and red bell pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayo, white sugar, vinegar, mustard, sweet relish, salt, and celery seed. Pour over macaroni and veggies and mix. Refrigerate.